The A Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is us, The A Team! Feel free to register or log in if you already have an account here.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snippets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
YoutubeNerd
Admin
YoutubeNerd

Likes and Dislike : 69

Snippets Empty
PostSubject: Snippets   Snippets EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:13 pm

I'm gonna post some small paragraphs I wrote here. If you like one please quote the post and say "Love this" or something so I can develop a writing style and maybe get back in to writing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YoutubeNerd
Admin
YoutubeNerd

Snippets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snippets   Snippets EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:34 pm

I walk in to the classroom and it hits me, like a wave. My body goes numb and I feel as if I'm drowning. This class just reminds me of what a complete worthless piece of shit I am. My friends are sitting in the third row loudly. I walk over and sit in a seat they saved for me. I move my shoulder allowing my bag to fall to the floor. They tell me what they're laughing about, its funny and normally I would have burst out laughing but its different inside this room, within these walls I can't even bring myself to force a smile. So I nod. I nod with a blank expression and they turn back and go on laughing, not one of them even noticing I'm not my usual self. I watch them, feeling like a spectator of my own life, watching it along with everyone move on without me, leaving me so far behind I can't catch up. I feel like there is a glass wall separating me from everyone in the room and there it is. I am alone again. I always feel alone when I am surrounded by people and I don't understand how that can be.

Class begins and without even realizing it I whisper "I don't want to be here.". One of my friends hears and says "None of us do." without looking up from their work but they don't understand. They think I mean school. They think I'm talking about getting up early and having to work but that's not it. I meant that I didn't want to be sitting in that class, a class based on a subject I used to like. A subject I wanted my future career to be influenced by but every class I feel those dreams getting smaller and smaller, my love turning to hate and even I begin to thinking those dreams of mine are just that; dreams. Dreams never to be reality. They are stupid dreams. Unrealistic, childish dreams. I allow my mind to wander off and yet again become engulfed by a sadness so sweet.
Back to top Go down
Amanda Bynes
Admin
Amanda Bynes

Likes and Dislike : 0

Snippets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snippets   Snippets EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:38 pm

Oh my god you're so talented. I loved that
Back to top Go down
YoutubeNerd
Admin
YoutubeNerd

Snippets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snippets   Snippets EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Brittany wrote:
Oh my god you're so talented. I loved that
Really?! Yay c: there was loads of flaws in it though :/
Back to top Go down
YoutubeNerd
Admin
YoutubeNerd

Snippets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snippets   Snippets EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:00 pm

"What's your name again?" The geography teacher asks me.
This teacher, Mr.Pittol, has taught me for 8 years and he can't even remember my name. But thats me, I go through life never leaving a mark or at least enough of a mark to be remembered. I get Bs and Cs, I weight the "average" amount, I spend my time reading and sleeping. How can I expect anyone to remember that?
They say you die twice. The first when you physically die, the second when your name is uttered for the last time.
I will only need one date on my tombstone if that is the case.
Back to top Go down
Umkringdur illt

Umkringdur illt

Snippets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snippets   Snippets EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Aww Sad

I love both.
Back to top Go down
YoutubeNerd
Admin
YoutubeNerd

Snippets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snippets   Snippets EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Erica wrote:
Aww Sad

I love both.
thank youuu <33
Back to top Go down
YoutubeNerd
Admin
YoutubeNerd

Snippets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snippets   Snippets EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:51 pm

Prompt- During the story, a character is misunderstood.
The story is set in a lost city.

I sat there in the darkness with tears in my eyes. No one understands me. I live in a lost city. Its in the middle of no where, the rest of the world doesn't even know we exist. But its not just our city that's lost, its us. No hopes, no dreams. The people around here just do the same damn thing over and over. I can't do that. Not anymore. Our days are just wake up, work, sleep. We aren't living, we're just alive. I am the only one in the whole place who wants more, some times I wonder if they even realize that there is more beyond this place.
The reason I know about the rest of the world is in one of the abandoned buildings I found some books. We have books here but not like those ones. The ones I found were full of adventure, trips, tears, laughter and risks. The risks are my favorite part. I tried to tell people about the books but they just looked at me weird, called me stupid and told me to get back to work. But how can I be satisfied with this life now that I know about all that? All I need is to find a way out of this hellhole filled with rubble from what used to be, people with closed minds and open mouths and the hate that seems to come from everywhere aimed at everything. I need to escape.
Back to top Go down
Umkringdur illt

Umkringdur illt

Snippets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snippets   Snippets EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:44 pm

I'll be searching for you in the future to get all the books you make. Smile

It's a good start for a beginning of a novel.
Back to top Go down
YoutubeNerd
Admin
YoutubeNerd

Snippets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snippets   Snippets EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:53 am

Erica wrote:

Your so nice! I love you
I don't know if I can commit to something for 400+ pages :/ but I'll remember what you said when I'm in english class hating everything
Back to top Go down
YoutubeNerd
Admin
YoutubeNerd

Snippets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snippets   Snippets EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 4:26 pm

My phone died so I never really finished this:

I love going to concerts. I love the way your heart beats faster as the floor beneath you vibrates as they play your favourite song. I love the way you can yell the lyrics as loud as you want because everyone around you is doing the same. I love how as soon as they play one of their sadder songs everything goes silent and everyone watches, without a word, identifying with every note, every lyric. The place lit with phones, glow sticks and camera flashes.
Back to top Go down
Umkringdur illt

Umkringdur illt

Snippets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snippets   Snippets EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:04 pm

YoutubeNerd wrote:
Erica wrote:

Your so nice! I love you
I don't know if I can commit to something for 400+ pages :/ but I'll remember what you said when I'm in english class hating everything

Thanks. My class this year gets nothing done. I'm on my own trying to write a short novel right now, but it's probably only 100 or so pages. -.-And... Good luck, sometimes English classes really make you want to tear your hair out huh? ^_^'
Back to top Go down
YoutubeNerd
Admin
YoutubeNerd

Snippets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snippets   Snippets EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:40 pm

Erica wrote:
YoutubeNerd wrote:
Erica wrote:

Your so nice! I love you

Thanks. My class this year gets nothing done. I'm on my own trying to write a short novel right now, but it's probably only 100 or so pages. -.-And... Good luck, sometimes English classes really make you want to tear your hair out huh? ^_^'
Good luck! What's it about?

Yeah! My teacher at the start of the year said I was ahead so he made me wait so the rest of the class caught up. Now they're all ahead of me and I'm struggling to see the point. I got a B not a B plus a B in my English test and English is what I want to do with my life so since then I have this whole failure thing which is basically my brain telling me I better not try and fail because that's the worst thing ever. So I may as well not try.
Back to top Go down
Umkringdur illt

Umkringdur illt

Snippets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snippets   Snippets EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:17 am

The trick is to tell yourself only the positive, that you're doing great because really you are. A B is awesome!
Just keep doing the best you can an it will progress for the better soon.

I have no right to say anything since I don't do much in my own English classes, but I can say that optimism is never a bad thing.

I will just say the story is one Ameii created and we're both working on it. It will hopefully be done soon... I can't even tie together what the story is right now...I'll come up with it soon.

...She posted a scene just now from day 5 of Silence Paranorma.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snippets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snippets   Snippets Empty

Back to top Go down

Snippets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The A Team :: Writing-
Jump to: